Epic games new podcast was released today and the topic is weapon balance in Gears Judgment, set to release on March 19th. The conversation is between @Raczilla, @iFlak, Jim Brown, and Pete Kneplay. Here is a breakdown of the details that we got:
- No more stopping power or active reload bonuses
- Dropped distance based damage modifiers
- Supressive fire doesn’t last as long
- Lancer has lower damage, but a faster rate of fire. Magazines will empty quicker. Accuracy is “a hair” smaller
- Retro has lower damage, faster rate of fire, and has been balanced so you don’t go down as quickly like in gears 3 when hit by a retro. Burst is harder to do this time around.
- Long distance will be cut down a bit.
- The poke and melee trick is being made harder “by some thing that have been added”
- Snub is back and still fast, but they are still working on the balance for it.
- Digger is slightly faster underground so it gets to targets faster.
- Boomshot improved AOE and splash damage this time around. You can still kill yourself with it in close combat. Still has 3 shots in it.
- Scorcher has very close to the same damage values as in Gears 3 and it no longer blocked by the boom shield.
- Torque Bow charge time is shorter. You have to pull back a bit longer to get the full stick in armor effect though. AOE damage range is a bit smaller.
- Boltok is a bit more powerful (supposedly a single shot headshot, 2 shot body shot death)
- Boomshield you can now use any weapon with it. If you plant a grenade you will drop the shield, you can also plant the shield itself still. You can also still get head shots on someone using a shield.
- Longshot scope has been reverted to the Gears 2 style. 2 layers of zoom.
- Gnasher is a hair slower (barely noticeable)
- Sawed Off has a 2 round mag, but can be use quick. Being called the “gnasher jr” because other than that difference it is identical. Up close you can still take down multiple targets.
- Classic Hammerburst mid tier in the starting weapons. Takes a few bursts to down someone, and not fully automatic. Has been balanced so it is not as over powered.
- Grenades: Now in load-outs. Frags can stick, and has less damage/radius than Gears 3 version. No planting on walls/cover anymore. Ink has no cringe, smoke will only have that ability. Smoke activates the moment it hits the ground now. Heal grenade will drop and heal teammates. Flame are pick up only. Beacon grenades help your team see areas.
- Ammo Auto-pickup is done to “Speed the game up” that way there are not any breaks in actions.
- Take 2 melee hits to kill someone.
- Power weapon spawns are single spawns. Whatever spawns there will be there all the time.
- Markza is a longer range weapon. Not as powerful as the sniper, and the double tap is harder to do as well. Explained as not being a power weapon.
- Breechshot is a mid range weapon. Does do decent damage on body, and 1 shot head shot kill. No scope. Does more damage to the body than Markza
- Booshka is in the boomshot class. A type of grenade launcher. Grenades can be bounced. Has 3 shots, 2 clips on pickup. Came to be after the showing at E3 Overrun demo since the Boomshot was so effective in there.
What do you think of the changes and additions to weapons for Gears of War Judgment? If you want to hear the pod cast yourself you can listen in here.
Tell us what you think about the changes in the comment section below!